Why buy in Spain?
Why expats and tourists continue to flock to the Costa Del Sol
Spain and its numerous Costas continues to hold strong as one of the most popular overseas destinations for tourists. It is also a favorite for investors seeking a new life or a bolt-hole in the Mediterranean climate. Due to the current economic climate property prices have fallen by more than a third since peaking April 2007. Thus providing an excellent opportunity for investment, with an abundance of properties through a wide range of budgets you can find exactly what you’re looking for and be assured to receive excellent value for money.
However, buying and owning a property in Spain is just part of the experience, you are in fact buying into a lifestyle. Here are just a few attributes Spain has to offer.
• They don’t call it “The Costa del Sol” (Coast of the sun) for nothing. Boasting more than 300 days of sunshine a year with mild winter temperatures averaging 16-22˚c and summer temperatures soaring into the 30’s. Accompanied by long daylight hours you can truly make the most of outdoor living.
• Easily accessible due to the increase in low-cost airlines destined for Spain. Numerous budget airlines offer regular flights from most of Western Europe, their flight times averaging 2-4 hours with the ease of internet based booking and check-in, a flying visit can be just that.
• In recent years Spain has worked hard creating a sound infrastructure. It’s once underdeveloped coastal regions are now exciting accessible locations due to new roads. Its train system is one of the best in western Europe and it has a great telecommunications network. Great schools and shops with a state health care which is free for people from European union member states assures a great place to visit or reside.
• Spain’s landscape hosts spectacular unspoiled natural beauty. From long stretches of golden coastline ideal for lying out and relaxing or the comparably scenic mountainous regions within a stones throw, with Its countryside scattered with olive groves and vineyards.
• Rich in cultural heritage Spain is a country with a long and diverse history, full of interesting cities, monuments, galleries and sites of historic or ecological interest. Not forgetting the many celebrated religious festivals and carnivals which are both charming and captivating.
• If you’re looking for all round family outings there’s a wide range of attractions to visit from zoos, safaris, crocodile, wolf and butterfly parks to mention just a few. For those of you more adventurous numerous outdoor pursuits in which to partake, themes parks, water parks, buggy and jeep adventures are bound to keep you active. That is without mentioning the many water sports available on the sea or on one of the many lakes. Plenty to keep the whole family entertained.
• Fine dining at a reasonable price, the mediterranean cuisine is renowned for being one of the healthiest. Fresh culinary delights accompanied by many fine wines. It is home to the world-renowned Tapas bars perfect for those who like to try a little bit of lots of tasty bites. Of course if you don’t like to try the traditional dishes, Spain has many international bars and restaurants to cater for all pallets.
• With a vibrant nightlife Spain has something to offer everyone. Live entertainment venues to numerous bars, nightclubs and bustling nightspots will keep you dancing well into the early hours. You can visit the play ground of the rich and famous in the exclusive resorts of Marbella and Puerto Banus and do a bit of star spotting.
• With a cosmopolitan culture you can mingle with the ever friendly locals who happily encourage you to practice your language skills or the ever-increasing expat community who are more than willing to share their spanish experiences with you.
If your still not convinced of the magnetism of Spain why not make a visit yourself and make up your own mind.
You wont be disappointed!