A PERSONALIZED SEARCH
Why not let us do the hard work for you?
When a property finding service is conducted on your behalf, it will involve a specific search. Thus providing you with a limited number of homes to view which are true to your requirements. Our commitment to you when we conduct our personalised service is to narrow down your Spanish property search to a selection of 5-6 properties exacting your requirements and tastes. This is achieved through correspondence and crucially taking our time getting to know our clients needs and desires.
The first step of course is for you to decide on your wish list. To make your search work and avoid a long disheartening process, be realistic and flexible with this.
Buying a house is quite often about compromise, be prepared, and true to yourselves with what you are willing to compromise on (if necessary), as this will be your home.
We will of course do our upmost to find exactly what you are searching for. Often with many surprise extras, that you did not know you wanted until they are presented.
The sooner you narrow down your criteria, the more effective your search will be.
One of the most vital steps when starting your search is to decide on the location of your new home.
The property market is a big place, with numerous areas of high and low growth, with many property “hotspots” (a term created for investors, relating to the profitability of buying in certain areas for the purpose of selling later, as is attracting a high volume of sales.)
Whether you are looking for a holiday home or looking for a permanent residence your priority should be somewhere that you will enjoy living/staying in and offers everything that is right for you and your family.
It has to work for you!
Don’t be scared to ask around, do your research! local amenities, schools, shops, communications activities etc.
Online resources are in abundance and are a great way to start your search and view what is available.
If possible visit areas and explore!
A few things to consider when deciding on your budget.
- The initial purchasing costs plus taxations and legal fees.
- The ongoing costs to maintain the property, mortgage repayments, yearly taxes, community fees etc.
- Larger properties come with some hidden costs, more expensive to furnish, time and money to maintain (gardens, pools etc.) and larger utility bills.
- Does the property need to be reformed, how much is that likely to cost, is it affordable?
- Owning a property is no fun if you can’t afford to live in it!
Pay close attention to the market… Is it a buyers’ market or a sellers’ market?
- If it is a buyers’ market, this means that there is abundance of properties for sale with not a huge demand so negotiating on the price is well worth a go. There are many bargains to be had no matter what the budget. (My Costa Casa have a great track record of sourcing these).
- In a sellers’ market be prepared to pay the asking price as properties are in high demand, so generally move quickly, without any negotiations.
No one is better to help you with your property search than the team at My Costa Casa. Situated on the Costa del Sol for many years, we know the market state and the areas well. We are happy to advise if we think you are being unrealistic with your search criteria and what you can expect for your budget. We have an abundance of resources including access to many new property listings before they hit the wider market.
We would be delighted to find listings matching your search criteria and crucially your lifestyle.
Now the fun bit.. make your wish list of specifications (the more details you can provide the better). And let us begin your search.
Obviously having a connection with a property is down to you, but we are here to assist you in finding that WOW factor. Whilst saving you valuable time and stress.
This is a free no obligation service. We are here to help and advise wherever we can and to assist you throughout your Spanish property purchase should you wish to proceed.
We look forward to working with you.